For any new business to Hong Kong, one should aware of the local procedures and legal requirements when employing staff. Considerations should be given to ensure any HR function and policies comply with the local minimum legal requirements, such areas include:
1.Recruitment advertisements with non-discrimination contents.
2. Proper HR administration for local and foreign staff.
3. Employment Contracts should be in line with local laws.
4. Employee Policy and Procedure Manuals.
5. Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) compliance or exemption.
6. Employee pay slips under MPF schemes.
7. Employees' Compensation Insurance compliance.
8. Payroll provision compliance.
9. Mandatory minimum holiday, sick leave and working hours provisions.
10. Medical, life and disability coverages.
11. Management of employee benefits and claims.
12. Housing allowance set-up, if required.
13. Personal and Corporate tax compliance.